Application Deadline is November 15th.
REMINDER: Please complete the online application form using the link, complete the online application. After you complete the first page, you will be able to save and continue your work (on a later date if you choose) or complete your application all at one time.
The application requires completing four, 250 word or one full page, handwritten in blue or black ink pen, essay questions. Applicant should write essays on the template provided using the link below and then upload a scanned copy on the application.
Please download this PDF file, 2018-2019 Applicant Essay Questions & Info and print it out. Then fill out the essays using a black or blue pen.
In order to download this file to your computer, simply click on the light blue “2018-2019 Applicant Essay Questions & Info. Once it opens, use right click the mouse and select “save as” and then name and save the file to your computer. (This works best using a Chrome browser) You can open the file using adobe reader for free and print it out.
Essays & Application Materials Include:
*Please remember to upload these documents in your online application:
- One Letter of Recommendation submitted in a sealed envelope
- Four Essay Questions
- Copy of complete 7th grade report card
- Copy of first quarter of 8th grade report card (if available)
- Seventh-grade standardized test scores (Terra Nova, ITBS, ISAT or Other Test Scores).
- Copy of 2017 tax form or other proof of income (W-2 alone or paycheck stubs are not acceptable).
Mail Recommendation letters to:
HFS Chicago Scholars
Attention: Application Review Board
1074 West Taylor Street, #201
Chicago, IL 60607