APPLICATION IS NOW OPEN!
Applications for the class of 2025 will close on November 15, 2020. Make sure to complete the online application and to mail in supporting documents.
Application link: https://bit.ly/HFS2025
Using the link above, complete the online application. After you complete the first page, you will be able to save and continue your work (on a later date if you choose) or complete your application all at one time.
The application requires completing four, 250 word or one full page, handwritten in blue or black ink pen, essay questions. Applicant should write essays on the template provided and mail in the essays along with the supporting documents.
Applicant Essay Questions & Info
Applicant essays can be found at the following link: Class of 2025 Applicant Essay Questions
Required Supporting Documents that need to be mailed in:
- Four handwritten essays – PRINT these pages and complete
- Income verification (provide at least one of the following)
- 2019 Federal Tax Return – form 1099 – pages 1 and 2
- Letter, on letterhead, from employer indicating cash wages paid
- Documentation for SSI or other benefits
- Final 7th grade report card
- Current 8th grade report card
- 7th grade standardized test scores
All supporting documents should be mailed to: HFS Chicago Scholars Attn: Application Review Board 1074 W. Taylor St., Mail Suite #201 Chicago, IL 60607
To learn more about HFS and the application process, please join us on October 20th, 2020 @6pm for a virtual HFS Open House. Register for the event HERE.