APPLICATION OPEN NOW!
The application for the High School Class of 2027 is now open for current 8th graders. Make sure to complete the online application and submit all supporting documents.
Application link: bit.ly/HFS2027
The application requires completing four, 250 words or one full page, handwritten in blue or black ink pen, essay questions. Applicants should write essays on the template provided and submit the essays along with the supporting documents.
Required Supporting Documents:
- Four handwritten essays can be found at the following link: Applicant Essays – PRINT these pages and complete
- Income verification (provide at least one of the following)
- 2020 Federal Tax Return (or most recent return)- form 1040 – pages 1 and 2
- Letter, on letterhead, from the employer indicating cash wages paid
- Documentation for SSI or other benefits
- Final 7th grade report card
- Current 8th grade report card
- 7th grade standardized test scores (or most recent test scores)
How to submit supporting documents (choose one):
1. Mail all documents:
HFS Chicago Scholars Attention: Application Review Board 1074 West Taylor Street, Mail Suite#201 Chicago, IL 60607
2. Upload all documents to the online application
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS!
Attend our virtual HFS Open (English and Español)
Thursday, October 20, 2022 from 6:00 – 7:30
Register for the event HERE.